To form a group of qualified and trained altar servers who render faithful, reverent, and meaningful service to God by assisting at the celebration of Holy Mass and other liturgical and devotional functions.
2017 Apprentice Class is now forming!
- Registered/Active Parish Family
- Completion of Third Grade (spring 2017)
- Recipient of the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist
- Receive grades of A/B/C in "behavior" categories at school
- Weekly Mass Attendance
- Regular reception of Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Ability to Recite basic prayers of the Mass (in a group after training)
- Be reliable and punctual
- Comply with Code of Conduct & fulfill the Guild’s Service Promise
- Commitment to Program by both the server and the parish
1st – Attend a 1 hour Parent and Child Informational Meeting on either
Tuesday May 2nd at 7:00PM OR on Wednesday May 17th at 7:00 PM.
Both sessions will be held in Ministry Hall.
2nd – Attend one, 90 minute “Show and Tell” Training Session in June, (a choice of dates)
3rd – Participate in one, 90 minute “Demonstration Day” in July (a choice of dates)
4th - Attend our Commissioning Liturgy/Reception in August (open to all family, friends)
If you’d like to participate and (or) learn more in advance of our Informational Meetings, please contact either Chuck Sliker or Louise Hamrick.
Program at a Glance: