To form a group of qualified and trained altar servers who render faithful, reverent, and meaningful service to God by assisting at the celebration of Holy Mass and other liturgical and devotional functions.
- Registered/Active Parish Family
- Completion of Third Grade
- Recipient of the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist
- Weekly Mass Attendance
- Regular reception of Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Ability to Recite basic prayers of the Mass
- Code of Conduct compliance & fulfill the Guild’s Service Promise
- Commitment to Program by both the server and the parent
Program at a Glance:
- Servers will be ranked according to knowledge, experience, and performance.
- Each Rank will have a different Vestment requirement
- Higher ranked servers will have more responsibilities and more opportunities for serving (e.g. Weddings, Funerals)
- Servers are required to attend Work, Pray, Play gatherings designed to help them:
- Grow in spirituality through praying together
- Grow as a community through playing together
- Improve their knowledge and skills
- Prove their abilities as a server
- Understand the requirements for their advancement
- Adult Volunteers are welcome/needed to help with the administration
- Mass Coaches will work with servers before/after Mass
- Trainers will help teach and evaluate the servers knowledge and skills
- Organizers will be needed to help plan and implement Gatherings
- Parental Support is required for servers to be successful
- Read & Share all program communication, i.e. e-mail & training materials
- Ensure timely arrival to assignments (20 minutes before Mass)
- Obtain qualified substitutes as needed
- Support of the program in general
- Volunteer according to time & talent abilities
For more information or to get involved, contact the Altar Server Guild.
Click HERE for more on organization and promotions of Altar Servers.